In 1936 President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed into legislation the National Congressional Charter for the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States. On May 26, 1946 the Livermore Valley Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Post 7265 was officially recognized as a congressional chartered organization. In 2021 we celebrate 75 years as an official congressionally chartered origination.
The first Veterans of Foreign Wars Post formed in Livermore was formed in 1922 and was known as the CPL Peter Beyer Post 1010. CPL Beyer was a Livermore native killed in action during the First World War. The Post continued in Livermore until 1927 when it was moved to Emeryville, California. Some of the men the old post became members of the new Livermore Valley Post 7265 in 1946. The original Charter Member roster consisted of roughly around 170 men. Today, one member remains Keith Anderson, WWII Navy veteran. Today’s Post has roughly 100 men and women who have served in conflicts ranging from WWII to Vietnam. The Middle East to include Iraqi and Afghanistan. And the Korean conflict along with the continuing defense of the Korean Peninsula.